<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://thecozyreadingnook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Cozy Reading Nook: How to Reduce the Stress in your Life

Friday, September 28, 2018

How to Reduce the Stress in your Life



How to Reduce the Stress in your Life


The Stress Problem

A couple years ago, we had some major setbacks in our family, and I got so stressed out that I began losing chunks of my hair. Like, CHUNKS. I had completely bald patches. I was really worried I was going completely lose all of my hair.  The doctors couldn’t find anything wrong with me (and I was only 26 at the time).

During this time, I just kept plugging on with my life, and when I got home from work, or on Saturday afternoons, I would sit in the bathtub and read a book.  When I got out I would lather eucalyptus tea stress relief lotion all over myself.

I would totally lose myself in the book, escaping from the realities of life for a little while.

It wasn’t’ only losing myself in the pages of a novel or learning something new in a nonfiction book that helped me relieve stress, it was also the act of doing something I loved to do as a child.  Going back to our childhood loves is great balm for the soul. 

A Reading Nook

The bathtub is one of my cozy reading “nooks”.  It doesn’t sound like a traditional place to curl up with a book, but it is a comfortable, soothing place, and if I am going to soak for a while, I might as well read!

I also read that taking a bath is reminiscent of being in the womb, so it is great for comfort and stress relief.  If you’re interested in the appeal of baths check out this article from the guardian.  

I didn’t stop losing my hair until our situation we were in was resolved, but it did keep me going and moving forward with life to lose myself in a book every once in a while.



How to reduce stress:

1.    Find a book you’re interested in.  Here are some ideas:


Outlander by Diana Gabaldon 

The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty

The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult

Chasing Slow by Erin Loechner

Outliers by Malcom Gladwell

2.    Run a warm bath

Add mood lighting, a favorite drink, Spotify, etc

3.    Soak and read for at least 30 minutes (or as long as the water stays warm!)


4.    Towel off and lather a stress-relieving scented lotion. Some of my favorites are:

Eucalyptus tea from the aromatherapy stress relief Bath and Body Works line

Palmer’s Cocoa Butter – especially the Massage Lotion for Stretch marks

Plain ol’ baby oil 

  




Your Turn

We all live stressful lives and have periods of intensely taxing situations.  Next time you’re stressed or worried try these four easy steps and keep yourself moving forward

Hannah

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home