<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://thecozyreadingnook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Cozy Reading Nook: TBR Mix & Mingle - What I'm Reading for February

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

TBR Mix & Mingle - What I'm Reading for February




TBR Mix & Mingle  What I'm Reading for February

TBR Mix & MingleWhat I'm Reading for February

If you’re anything like me, you have so many books that you want to read.  Sometimes, when I am browsing in a bookstore, I get a little bit anxious because I don’t know if I enough time in my whole life to read everything I’m interested in!

But, let’s just take it a month at a time – that’s easier to wrap your head around, right?! Today, I’m linking up with Literary Quicksand, Never Enough Novels, and My Novel Life for their monthly TBR Mix & Mingle.  These are the books I am planning on reading this month.  (However, I have my book swap next week, so not only will my TBR totally explode, but this list might change, too.  Oh well, the more the merrier!)


Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld; TBR Mix & Mingle  What I'm Reading for February

Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld

Find it on Amazon here

Apparently, a younger version of myself saw this, thought I would enjoy it, bought it on my Kindle, and promptly forgot about it.  Well, I discovered it in my library recently and immediately opened it up.  Eligible is a rewrite of Jane Austin’s Pride and Prejudice.  Count. Me. In! 


Kitchen Yarns by Ann Hood; TBR Mix & Mingle  What I'm Reading for February 

Kitchen Yarns by Ann Hood

Find it on Amazon here

I saw a book review on What’s Nonfiction? Featuring this book.  It seemed so intriguing, that I had to check it out.  Recently, I’ve found myself watching a lot of The Great British Baking Show, Chef’s Table, and various online cooking how-to videos.  An interest in cooking must be showing itself, hmm? Ann Hood shows how her life has been inextricably wrapped up with food and cooking.  Even though she grew up with a traditional Italian grandma cooking for her family all the time, she was never taught to cook.  This is her journey of learning, and growing, in food.  Also, recipes included. 


The Dust that Falls from Dreams by Louis de Bernieres; TBR Mix & Mingle  What I'm Reading for February 

The Dust That Falls from Dreams by Louis de Bernieres

Find it on Amazon here

I found this novel from Gilmore Guide to Books.  She was recommending So Much Life Left Over, the sequel.  Both sounded equally interesting, so I decided to start with the first one. I love books about WWII, and I’ve read plenty of them of them.  But, I find that I don’t really know that much about WWI.  The Dust looks at the lives of friends who grow up together in the Edwardian era, but they all are changed and shaped by the first World War.




The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris; TBR Mix & Mingle  What I'm Reading for February 

The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris

Find it on Amazon here

Well, like I said, I read a lot of books about WWII.  Knowing this, My sister-in-law gave it to me after she finished it.  It tells the story of Lale Sokolov, a prisoner in Auschwitz forced to tattoo the prisoner numbers on the other prisoners.  He risked his life to help and comfort others while struggling to survive.  I will never ceased to be amazed at the strength of the human spirit during this most dark time in history.



True Colors by Kristin Hannah; TBR Mix & Mingle  What I'm Reading for February 

True Colors by Kristin Hannah


Find it on Amazon here

Sometimes all you need to at a book to your TBR is someone simply placing it in your lap.  Or suitcase, as my mom did with this one over Christmas.  When a crime threatens to tear the Grey sisters apart their true colors will shine through.  I expect it to be a great look into sisterhood and family.


Bonus book! Not pictured above, but I'm going to try to add it in as well:

The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker; TBR Mix & Mingle  What I'm Reading for February 

The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker

Find it on Amazon here

Another rewrite!  This one is of the story of the Iliad, but from the female’s perspectives.  It is supposed to be raw and emotional, not glossing over terrible times for women in the midst of a war.  I am intrigued since most ancient writings glorify war and the warrior…but we all know there is another side.

5 New Books on my TBR (okay, SIX) TBR Mix & Mingle  What I'm Reading for February

What about you?  What are you looking forward to reading in February?

Happy Reading!

Hannah

Look out for my post “Valentine’s Day Gifts for Book People” coming soon!

You might also be interested in…


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At February 6, 2019 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Megan said...

Nice list :) Looks like you have a lot of good ones to tackle this month. I've enjoyed some of Curtis Sittenfeld's other works, so I'm sure Eligible will be worthwhile!

- Megan @ The Hungry Bookworm
https://www.hungry-bookworm.com/2019/02/06/tbr-list-february-2019/

 
At February 7, 2019 at 7:03 AM , Blogger Allison @ My Novel Life said...

Looks like you have a great lineup for February! I love rewrites on old classics. I recently finished Norse Mythology (another rewrite) by Neil Gaiman and really enjoyed it!

 
At February 7, 2019 at 8:42 AM , Blogger Monica L said...

Ooh I haven't heard of most of these! I love finding new books!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home