<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://thecozyreadingnook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Cozy Reading Nook: Amazon Book Haul

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Amazon Book Haul


Amazon Book Haul





Don’t you just love when a package arrives at your door?  A Present! Even if you bought it yourself and knew it was coming.

I recently received an Amazon gift card, and I got a great haul of books.


1. The White Princess by Philippa Gregory

Years ago, I read many books from Philippa Gregory’s Plantagenet and Tudor series, but for some reason never read this one!  Because of Nonfiction November I was inspired to pick up Elizabeth of York again.  So, while I’m trying to read (and actually finish!) her biography, I thought it would be perfect timing to read a little historical fiction about her, too.

2. The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

There’s been some Kate Morton buzz in my life!  I just read The House at Riverton (see here), and I’ve been really wanting to try another Morton book. I read over at Words and Peace that her newest, The Clockmaker’s Daughter, was a little confusing and suggested people start with The Forgotten Garden unless they were fans.  So, I guess we’ll see if I turn into a fan!

3. Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis

I’ve been seeing the assertive, eye-catching cover for this book everywhere. So, naturally, I had to get it.  Also, my husband likes to tell our 8-month-old daughter, “Girl, wash your face!” Every time he does I think, “Oh! I need to read that!”

4. Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty

This new release has been getting a ton of attention. Moriarty is a master, and I can’t wait to read what she does in this one! 
Seven New Fall Releases 2018 – That I Can’t Wait to Read

5. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

and

6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling


I love Harry Potter.  Not in the supper Potter Fan way that some people do (like, I have no paraphernalia). But in the I-grew-up-with-these-books way.  I try to reread them every couple of years, but I have never actually owned my own copies. I can’t believe that is even possible.

Well, okay, the copies I read growing up are still at my parent’s house.  And when I was teaching I had a set in my classroom.

But now, I want my own complete set.  And I want the paperback versions I started with.  With these two, my set is complete. 

And you better believe I’m going to read them both before I put them on the shelf.




What do you think of these books?  Read any of them?

Happy reading!

Hannah

You might also like…


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home