<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://thecozyreadingnook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Cozy Reading Nook: Make Your New Year's (Reading) Resolutions

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Make Your New Year's (Reading) Resolutions


Make Your New Year’s (Reading) Resolutions




New Year's Resolutions

Last January I made a resolution to read more books in 2018.  Of course, to make this work I had to know what I really meant.

So, instead of “resolving to read more”, you need to make a goal.

You know, the kind they were always trying to get you to make in high school.

Measurable, specific, and in a time frame.

You can’t achieve it if you don’t know what you’re trying to achieve!

So here was my goal: Finish 25 books by the end of December 31st 2018.

And I measured it simply in my bullet journal.



Drawing out a pretty spread motivated me to really get on that reading thing!  Plus, I got sick right at New Year’s, and I didn’t do anything except read.  That got me off to a great start!

And as I tracked my reading, it made me want to accomplish more to stick to my goal. And as of right now I am at 30 books.  So I surpassed my plan!


Your Goal

So, what is your reading goal for 2019?  Just to “read more”? How much more?  Write down an actual number.

To make it easier on myself, I created a document where I could write down all the books I read in 2019.  And I want to share it with you! 

Click here to get your free reading tracker!


It includes space for you to write down your book goal, and 100 spaces for you to jot down those titles as you finish them.  Each line has a spot for title, author, date completed, and stars to fill in as a rating.


Since I surpassed my 2018 goal, my new goal for this year is going to be 35 books.


But, I don’t have time to read!!  You might be thinking to yourself.

I think you probably do.  And you should!

When?

Take a look at the time you spend commuting or cleaning – you could listen to an audio book.

Think of all the time you spend watching Netflix and YouTube – you could hold a paperback in your hands and still be chillin’ on the couch.


When you do your before-bed-scroll-through-your-phone you could pick up your kindle instead.

Why?

Reading is good for you.

Reading relaxes you.

Reading makes you smarter.

Reading lets you empathize with others you might not normally be around.


The time is now!

So, if you haven’t read a book since high-school English, now’s your time!  It’s okay if your goal for the year is one book – just read it!

And if you’ve been meaning to read that stack of books for years, now’s your time, too!  Check back next week for my post on finding time to read. 

Convinced?  Download your free reading tracker here!


Happy Reading!

Hannah

To find books and get started on your goal, check out:

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home